The Princeton real estate market had another stellar month in August with a huge number (43) homes that settled for the month. (Click here for a complete list of homes that sold for the month) The market continues to favor sellers overall in every price bracket.
Here are some insights into the Princeton Market:
- The average sold price for Princeton homes was $1.042 million.
- Sellers retained 94.5% of their original asking price. This is a bit off the nearly 98-100% average YTD though this is due to two homes (20 Green St & 19 Linden selling off their asking prices).
- Despite the over $1 million average price 34% of the homes that closed in August were cash purchases. Conventional loans was the second most popular way to secure financing for Princeton buyers in August.
- The average tax bill for homes that closes was $18,349.
- The average age for homes that closed was 59 years
- For homes that entered the market with an asking price of under $1 million the sellers retained 97.8% of their asking price and sold their homes in 53 days.
- For sellers who started their homes in the $1-2 million price bracket sellers took 141 days to sell their homes and retained 93.7% of their asking price. This group would have higher stats but for two properties (one commercial and one residential) that sold below their asking price.
- For sellers in the luxury price range $2 million plus they retained 93.7% of their asking price and the houses took on average 141 days to sell.
- Colonials were the most popular house to sell in the Princeton market for the month with 48% of the market being of that variety.
Looking for your next Princeton home? Here are the latest houses to hit the market.
Real estate listings held by brokerage firms other than Weichert Realtors Princeton are marked with the Internet Data Exchange icon and detailed information about each listing includes the name of the listing broker.
The data relating to real estate for sale on this website appears in part through the TREND Internet Data Exchange program, a voluntary cooperative exchange of property listing data between licensed real estate brokerage firms in which Weichert Realtors Princeton participates, and is provided by TREND through a licensing agreement.
The information provided by this website is for the personal, non-commercial use of consumers and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
Some properties which appear for sale on this website may no longer be available because they are under contract, have sold or are no longer being offered for sale.
Some real estate firms do not participate in IDX and their listings do not appear on this website. Some properties listed with participating firms do not appear on this website at the request of the seller.