Many of us (me included) have fl0cked to Facebook Business Pages as part of our marketing routine. There are a lot of advantages in having one…they are free, inexpensive to advertise on Facebook, and serve as a website of sorts for Realtors that have not been able to invest in one.
The one problem in using a Facebook business page is that you are flying blind once you build it…how many visitors have I had, who is arriving at the the page, how are they finding it and most importantly, what are the looking at once they get there?
Facebook launched its ‘Insights’ Analytics which again is very handy as it is built in and FREE! If you really want to track your marketing efforts on-line Google Analytics is the probably the best (Free) application you can use.
Now there is a way to place Google Analytics right on your Facebook Business Page. Follow these simple steps to get started and start analyzing the effectiveness of your Facebook Realtor Business Page:
1. Setup Google Analytics account.(you can go to Google and search ‘set up google analytics account’) If you already have one, create a new website profile. You can name it facebook.com or facebook.com/your_page_name. You will finally get your tracking code which looks like this UA-3123123-2
2. Follow the simple instructions on Google (feel free to contact me for help) and it will create HTML code. You need to copy that code.
3. Go to your Facebook business page, click on ‘Edit Page’ (this is located in the upper left of your page right below your photo).
4. Scroll Down to the box titled ‘More Applications’ and click on the ‘Static FBML’ Link (Static FBML)and Install that on your Facebook Business Page.
5. Once you install that on your Facebook Business Page you need to click on the ‘edit page’ button again and scroll down again though this time the FBML will have its own box. In the FBML box, click ‘edit’.
6. In the box that pops up, past the HTML code that you copied from Google earlier and click ‘save.’
Google will do the rest. Remember that it starts tracking from the day you install it on your Facebook page so be patient and get marketing. Drive as much business to your Facebook business page as you can and Google Analytics will help you measure the results.